Sunday, January 16, 2011

A New Start

I have been in Dallas for two weeks now. Seems like it's been longer, but that's not a bad thing.

I LOVE living in a house. Feel like a real grown-up.

My first couple weeks at work have been good. Nate is so sweet and getting such a big personality!


My first week I managed to tackle a grocery store run with a 5 month old. Not an easy task. It included pushing the cart with one hand while feeding him a bottle with the other. Once getting to the house, one of the dogs escaped (like lightning) out the front door while I was trying to get him to go outside in the back (quirkiest dog ever). After the dog was rescued, and Nate was down for a nap, I realized after searching the house that my keys were locked in my car... needless to say, it was a very full day. The next week was not short of drama and included my attempt to clip sweet little Nate's fingernails (a task I HAVE successfully completed with other babies) and resulted in a small clip of his finger as well... lots of blood (I thought it would never stop) and lots of screaming.  I felt horrible and it was very stressful for both of us. Regardless of the stressful moments, I couldn't be more happy with my job.

My roommates love to do things together, which I love. We all sat on the couch and watched Fiddler on the Roof this afternoon. I had my Bible study girls over for brunch after church and got to use our GREAT kitchen. Did I mention I love being in a house?! This evening has ended with Golden Globes,a glass of wine, and a snack of goldfish. Who doesn't have goldfish with their wine? Ha!


















Yay for an awesome kitchen!

2 comments:

  1. hahaha....this reminds me of what happened to me+dog-sitting last week. (one clipped-nail, WAY too much blood: on the floor, the walls, the mirror, the CEILING!) oh, my!

    miss you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. that is one cute baby!
    aaaand. your kitchen is too pretty! let me save what it looks like for when charlie and i have a real house one day!
    aaaaaaaand that DOES sound perfect :) i'm glad you're enjoying the new roomies!

    ReplyDelete